Monday, March 14, 2011

leather & skulls, hearts & flowers.

Anna and I had the most amazing time at BrickLane eating and shopping our hearts out. What makes me obsessed with London and BrickLane specifically is that there are so many budding designers that sell their wares throughout the city at different markets and different venues. We stumbled upon so many amazing jewelry designers and here I chose to spotlight two of my favorites:
   1. Galibardy - www.galibardy.co.uk
Head to the website and you'll probably be just in love as both Anna and myself are. Galibardy has this innovative knack for taking something super edgy like a brassy skull ring, and adding a slight feminine flair, like a white floral enamel design over the top of it. 
I'm also a huge fan of this tape measure styled bracelet

Galibardy creates necklaces, earrings and bracelets that add a tough-girl style to any ensemble. I envision the skull rings and necklaces mixed and matched with your favorite girly dress and a leather jacket. The BEST part about Galibardy is that the jewelry is reasonably priced, AND they are launching in the U.S very soon! Keep your eyes peeled for this company.
2. rebeccajane- www.rebecca-jane.com
I ventured around BrickLane by myself for a few minutes and lucky for me I stumbled upon rebeccajane. I  realized that the woman working at this booth is the designer and creator of the leather handbags and accessories at her stand. Rebecca Jane Eaton's craftsmanship is unbelievable, and it makes sense considering she graduated from Bristol University with a degree in fashion design womenswear, interned with the Givenchy accessories department where she had the opportunity to design a bag that was taken into production as a limited edition piece stocked in the Givenchy flagship store. Rebecca then went to work for famed English designer Luella Bartley and leather accessories designer Paul Seville.

rebeccajane according to its press release "is a label that endeavours to retain the craftsmanship and quality of handmade products, sourcing recycled materials and antique trimmings o make modern designs with a Victorian inspired edge,".
While I didn't nab a handbag I did get my hands on an amazing leather bird necklace with bronze and gold tarnished chains hanging from it, which I am beyond obsessed with. Definitely my favorite purchase from London. :)
xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment