Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Guest Comments.

I have previously mentioned the leather bound guest comment book left on our apartment bookshelf that I discovered the first day in my apartment. But as I sit here on my last Wednesday night, packing, listening to music, and attempting to write a last minute Event Planning paper, I decided it was the right time to add my comment.  Sitting in my bed, I don't even know where to start. Sure I could paraphrase some blog posts, of course I wrote down my favorite restaurants and places to go...but the best advice both Jenna and I could think of was to go walk. Go walk around the cobblestone streets we now know so well, and don't be afraid to get lost. This would be good advice of anyone moving to a new place, or studying abroad in a new country. The simple joys of seeing an old italian couple holding hands, or discovering a restaurant with the most amazing fresh bread are what I will sincerely miss about Florence. Florence has definitely become our second home and it took me this long to realize how much I will miss it. It took me yesterday, a meltdown later, sitting in Piazza Santa Croce crying and journaling, listening to some weird combination of The Spill Canvas, Edward Sharpe and The Black Keys to come to grips with leaving. It took me one iced coffee and a funny conversation with my favorite bartender to realize that I probably wont  return to this city and be the same person I am now.


And although that absolutely breaks my heart, I cant help but get excited for what life has in store for me next.
xoxo, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment