Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer Lovin'

I've been officially back in the US for 14 days now...and it already feels like a lifetime. While I may be a pretty big negative nancy when it comes to readjusting to the American lifestyle,  I do have to admit, spending summer in the Midwest, or America in general definitely has its perks. Here are some of my favorite things about Summer, and more importantly, Summer fashion.
  The essentials: A straw fedora, summer boots to pair with dresses, a good book a clutch for nighttime, fun jewelry. thanks to www.becauseimaddicted.net
  Denim cutoffs-look good with anything and everything you already own from sweaters to dressy tops.
  Baseball: One thing I completely forgot about while I was in Europe is the quintessential American sport of baseball. I love going to White Sox games with family and friends and indulging in the occasional hot dog or polish sausage with mustard and onions.
  Boating: Living on the Chain of Lakes in Northern Illinois has made me have an innate love for anything with water. I love pools, jetskiing and boating on hot summer days more than anything. There is no better feeling than having the sound of water in your ears and the breeze on your face.
  Sundresses!- My favorite part about getting dressed for summer hands down is just being able to throw on a breezy sundress and look good and be comfortable. There are SO many options for everyone and every style out there whether youre on a budget or not. Urban Outfitters, Forever21, and Nordstrom had some great options last time I went shopping.
  Summer Music- There are some bands/artists that I associate strictly with Summer. If youre in need of a playlist, here is my current favorite for this time of year.
   1. Florence and the Machine-Cosmic Love
   2. Fleet Foxes-Battery Kinzie
   3. Jack Johnson-Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
   4. Minus the Bear-Pachuca Sunrise
   5. Citizen Cope-Bullet and a Target
   6. The Dirty Heads-Lay me Down
   7. The Black Keys-Dearest
   8. Butterfly-Jason Mraz
   9. Wiz Khalifa-Damn it Feels Good to be a Taylor
10. Regina Spektor and Ben Folds- You Don't Know Me
11. Ben Kweller- Wasted and Ready
12. Bob Dylan-Like a Rolling Stone
13. Dave Matthews Band- Too Much
14. OAR-Heard the World
15. Jack's Mannequin- Holiday from Real
16. Jack's Mannequin-The Mixtape.

Enjoy!
xoxo , Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment