Monday, February 28, 2011

Love&Fashion

  Being in what I believe is truly one of the most romantic cities on Earth has inspired me to let love in. Not that I've found a European romance or anything like that, but the idea of loving myself, loving new cultures, food, languages, experiences, music and fashion have been so important since I've gotten to Italy. With each day I wake up, I find that I love something else about Florence. Today it was the flea market in Piazza de Santo Spirito, followed by the new verbs I learned in Italian class. The perfect ending to the day? Dark chocolate gelato from the famous spot, Gromo located near the Duomo which was shared with my amazing friends Anna & Chris.
  "It's those moments when you seem suspended in time, a bubble of sorts that you live for."


  Last night I watched Blue Valentine with Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams and that made me think a lot about love as well. If you haven't seen it, I would definitely recommend it, although its not an uplifting movie at all. It centers around Cindy and Dean and a six year span of their relationship which alternatively leads to a broken marriage.
When I think love, I used to think all kissy, mushy, pink, hearts, candy and "I love you's" But now I think sharing secrets with your best friend, holding hands, laughter, late nights and a comfort that is so different than the comfort of being alone.
Fashion is a whole different kind of love. A love for self-expression, self-confidence and inspiration.
So in a certain way, these two really do go hand in hand.



images from We Heart It.

No comments:

Post a Comment